Thursday, April 1, 2010

Give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair!

Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen. This post is about hair. It's such a mystery to me really or maybe I am just lazy, but how does one do their own hair? My arms get tired and really I can't even see what most of it looks like. I was one of those girls who always let other girls play with my hair. I was the one who was always having her hair French braided in class, i.e. the braidee not the braider. I don't even know how to do French braids! I hope in the future someone invents a machine that does your hair for you on a daily basis, like those ones that Gene Roddenberry thought up, where you just press a button and a homemade meal appears- only for hair. Gene Roddenberry evidently did not think too much upon the future of hair though, because this is what he came up with:


I like to refer to this character  as " good 'ol basket-head". I just can't get over how much this bad wig actually looks like a basket. Did someone just say, "Hey, I know! Let's just put this basket on her head"? If the future of hair is synthetic, woven beehives we are all in trouble. It's amazing that this show was made in the 60's because there was some really great hair happening at the time...



Dolly sure knew what she was doing in the 60's. It's the American way, bigger is better! Her hair just amazes me. I keep this picture in my picture folder just because I like to look at it. What a babe, too bad she got so much surgery, she really didn't need any. I guess I know how she achieved her amazing hair though, no need for a futuristic machine, this has to be a wig. Phenomenal though, just the same. Especially because she pulls it off without looking like a drag queen.



 

More stunners from the 60's. Wow. Now these ladies look a little bit like they might be trannies but I think it's probably just those mini skirts. I'm not going to condone this kind of hair, bigger is not always better.



Then again, maybe it is. I love this hair. Can I have it? How? It's like a vamped up Marilyn Monroe look. I think I need to go to cosmetology school just so I can learn to do this to my hair. Drew Barrymore has a lot of fun with her hair. I definitely look to her for inspiration. 


 

Holy hairballs! Charlie Le Mindu is a madman! I love it. This the kind of futuristic hair Gene needed on his show. Not that any of this hair is at all practical. That's okay, it's art. My fav is the hair bird mountain look. You really need to look at this whole collection, it is insane. That last look remind me of that movie "Fur". Great movie. I won't give it away but there is a very luxurious coat involved.



While I'm getting wild and crazy, I might as well throw in some Gaga! The hair bow does look pretty tame now though. I still like it, though. It's a more "practical" crazy look. It's weird but cute, you know? I guess you just buy a hair bow that matches your hair and clip it on, right? Also, I like the subtle pink streaks. Still a fan of color even if I'm not 15 anymore.


Speaking of being 15 and liking color, I miss old skool Gwen Stefani. Now she looks like a rich, platinum chola or something. I miss her crazy, rebellious days. It's like, now she's super rich, so she doesn't have to be creative anymore, she can just buy whatever she wants. I don't know, maybe she is just aging gracefully and I have Peter Pan Syndrome. Still, she looks 90's awesome in this picture.





This is my favorite hair, ever. It's crazy how influential "Blade Runner" has been on fashion. Sci-fi is so underrated, truly. I love any variation of this 40's look. I've been seeing it on the runway as of late and I just never get tired of it.



Hair legend, Veronica Lake.

This is the woman responsible for the sexy, hair-over-one-eye look that made most idolizers look like idiots but still remains a staple of sexy hair today. Bravo, darling!


Hair. I want long, straight, curly, fuzzy, snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty,oily, greasy, fleecy, shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen, knotted, polka dotted, twisted, beaded, braided, powered, flowered and confettied, bangled, tangled, spangled and spahettied!




3 comments:

  1. Bigger is better when it comes to hair in my book!

    PS When I read your tagline I laughed out loud and said I'm going to like this blog

    xx

    S.S. DOBBS

    I'm now following

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thumbs up, girl. I can see we have the same hair, of course we think bigger is better! If we had big hair, we would probably think the opposite but I am going to pretend like that is not true because it makes me feel silly. Bigger IS better- hairwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring from Dallas originally - I have to agree the bigger the better! Hair Hoppers Unite!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind, zombling...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...